This page is under development.
- Banu Musa (sons of Musa ibn Shakir) (ninth century)
- al-Hajjaj ibn Matar (c. 800)
- Muhammad ibn Musa Al-Khwarizmi (c. 780-c. 850)
- Hunayn ibn Ishaq (Johannitius) (808-873)
- `Abd al-Hamid ibn Turk (c. 850)
- Ahmad ibn `Abdullah al-Marwazi Habas al-Hasib (c. 850)
- Thabit ibn Qurra (836 -901)
- al-Fadl al-Nayrizi (c. 880)
- Abu Kamil ibn Aslam (c. 850-930)
- Qusta ibn Luka (d. 912)
- Abu `Abdallah Mohammad ibn Jabir al-Battani (Albatenius) (c. 858-929)
- Abu Nasr al-Farabi (Alpharabius) (c. 878-c. 950)
- Ibrahim ibn Sinan (909-946)
- Abu Sahl al-Kuhi (c. 950)
- Abu l'Hasan al-Uqlidisi (c. 952)
- `Abd al-`Aziz al-Qabisi (c. 950)
- Muhammad Abu l'Wafa (Albuzjani) (940-998)
- Abd al-Jalil al-Sijzi (c. 970)
- Abu `Ali al-Hasan ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen) (c. 965-1039)
- Abu l-Rayhan Muhammad ibn Ahmad al-Biruni (973-1055)
- Abu Bakr al-Karaji (al Karkhi) (c. 1000)
- Abu `Abdallah al-Hasan ibn al-Baghdadi (c. 1000)
- Kushyar ibn Labban (c. 1000)
- Maslama al-Majriti (c. 1000)
- Abu Nasr Mansur ibn Iraq (d. 1030)
- Abu Mansur al-Baghdadi (c. 1025)
- `Abd al-Rahman al-Khazini (c. 1150)
- Abu-l-Walid Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Rushd (Averroes)
- Ibn Yahya al-Samaw'al (1125-1180)
- Sharaf al-Din at-Tusi (c. 1175)
- Nasir al-Din at-Tusi (1201-1274)
- Muhammad al-Khalili (c. 1250)
- ibn al-Banna (1256-1321)
- Ghiyath al-Din al-Kashi (d. 1429)
- Ulugh Beg (1394-1449)
- J. L. Berggren.
Episodes in the mathematics of Medieval Islam.
Springer-Verlag, New-York, 1986.
- Butzer, P. L., and D. Lohmann.
Science in Western and Eastern civilization in Carolingian times.
Birkhauser, Boston, 1993.
- Ali Abdullah al-Daffa.
The Muslim contribution to mathematics. Croom Helm, London, 1977.
- Ali Abdullah al-Daffa and J.J. Stroyls.
Studies in the exact sciences in medieval Isalm.
Wiley, New York, 1984.
- Ibn Lablan, Kushyar.
Principles of Hindu Reckoning. Univ. Wisconsin Press, Madison, 1966.
- Kennedy, E. S. (Edward Stewart)
Studies in the Islamic exact sciences.
American University of Beirut, Beirut, 1983.
- Nasr, Seyyed Hossein
Science and civilization in Islam.
New American Library, New York, 1968.
- O'Leary, De Lacy Evans.
How Greek science passed to the Arabs.
Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1949.
Thanks to the
Xerox Map server for the map.
Regional mathematics (this page)|
Books and other resources |