- Baudhayana (fl. 700 B.C.E.)
- Apastamba (fl. 600)
- Katyayana (fl. 500)
- Umaswati (fl. 150 B.C.E.)
- Aryabhata (476-c. 550 C.E.)
- Varahamihira (c. 505-c. 558)
- Brahmagupta (c. 598-c. 670)
- Govindaswami (c. 800-850)
- Mahavira (Mahaviracharya) (fl. 850)
- Pruthudakaswami (fl. 850)
- Sridhara (fl. 900)
- Manjula (fl. 930)
- Aryabhata II (fl. 950)
- Prashastidhara (fl. 958)
- Halayudha (fl. 975)
- Jayadeva (fl. 1000)
- Sripathi (fl. 1039)
- Hemachandra Suri (b. 1089)
- Bhaskara (1114-c. 1185)
- Cangadeva (fl. 1205)
- Madhava of Sangamagramma (c. 1340-1425)
- Narayama Pandit (fl. 1350)
- Paramesvara (1360-1455)
- Nilakantha Somayaji (1455-1555)
- Sankara Variar (c. 1500-1560)
- Narayana (c. 1500-1575)
- Jyesthadeva (fl. 1550)
- Acyuta Pisarati (c. 1550-1621)
- Putumana Somayaji (c. 1660-1740)
- Jaganath Pandit (fl. 1700)
- Sankara Varman (fl. 1800)
- Bose, D. M., S. N. Sen, and B. V. Subbarayappa (Eds.).
A concise history of science in India. Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi, 1971.
- Clark, W. E., editor.
The Aryabhatiya of Aryabhata. Open Court, Chicago, 1930.
- Chattopadyaya, D.
History of Science and Technology in Ancient India: the Beginnings.
Firma KLM PVY, Calcutta, 1986.
- Colebrook, H. T.
Algebra, with Arithmetic and Mensuration,
from the Sankrit of Brahmagupta and Bhaskara. J. Murray,
- Datta, Bibhutibhusan.
The science of the Sulba: a study in early Hindu geometry.
Univ Calcutta, Calcutta, 1932.
Reviewed: Isis 22, 272-277.
- Datta, Bibhutibhusan., and A. N. Singh.
History of Hindu mathematics. Asia Publ House, 1962.
Reviewed: Isis 25, 478-488.
Reprint: Asia Publishing House, 1962.
- Delbos, Leon.
Les mathematiques aux Indes Orientales.
Gauthier-Villars, Paris, 1892.
- George Gheverghese Joseph. The Crest of the Peacock. Penguin Books, 1991.
- Ibn Lablan, Kushyar.
Principles of Hindu Reckoning. Univ. Wisconsin Press, Madison, 1966.
- Murthy, T. S. Bhanu.
A Modern Introduction to Ancient Indian Mathematics.
Wiley Eastern Ltd., New Delhi, 1992.
- Pingree, D.
Census of the Exact sciences in Sanskrit.
Four volumes. Amer. Phil. Soc. Philadelphia, 1970-1981.
- Rao, S. Balaachandra.
Indian Mathematics and Astronomy.
Jnana Deep Publications, Bangalore, 1994.
- Sarasvati, T. A.
Geometry in Ancient and Medieval India.
Indological Publ., Delhi, 1979.
- C. N. Srinivasiengar. The History of Ancient Indian Mathematics. World Press
Private Ltd., Calcutta, 1967.
Regional mathematics (this page)|
Books and other resources |